The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award state that I must:
Thank the person who gave it to me and link back to them in my blog.
Share seven things about myself.
Pass this award on to 5 other recently discovered blogs and let them know.
Look at that! One of those blog award dealies!
I was unexpectedly awarded the Versatile Blogger by my awesome friend, Natasha McNeely. We’ve been in contact for just a few months, but she is a super lady with some excellent ideas and perspective. It’s always great to talk to you, Natasha. Thank you for the award!
How do I decide the seven interesting tidbits to share? I don’t know. Let’s babble and see what comes out?
1. All my life, I’ve found I get along better with men in general. Yet by a vast majority, my blogging buddies and writer friends are women. In this fascinating instance, I relate incredibly well with these select ladies who share their thoughts and experiences.
2. I don’t like tomatoes, capsicum, or celery. I enjoy eating most vegetables, and if pressed, I will still eat those three in other dishes, but I don’t choose them for myself.
3. I own four Tarot decks (and a Goddess Oracle card set). They are a generic Rider-Waite clone which was my introductory Tarot deck many years ago, the Morgan-Greer deck, a Manga deck, and the gorgeous Shadowscapes Tarot made by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. I have my eye on several other decks, for both appreciation and collection purposes.
4. Getting my tattoo didn’t hurt much at all. It felt mostly like being mauled by an angry cat for a while, and I’ve been subject to that experience plenty of times before. Nevertheless, just when the needle went directly over my veins (on the inside of my wrist), that pain shot up my arm and made me cringe.
5. I was a figure ice skater for seven years, and a ballet dancer for four years. These activities helped make me as self-confident as I am today, but caused me joint problems (especially in my knees), which I will have for the rest of my life.
6. At its longest, my hair was around three foot long. I got it all chopped off in one go, and still have the plait of hair. I’m going to donate the whole thing to Locks of Love.
7. I really like calendars, and usually have at least one in every room of my house. I have a lot of difficulty with judging the passage of time, so having calendars readily available enables me to be aware of the date, and day of the week.
Woohoo, the fun part! I chose these lovely people because I enjoy their blogs a lot, and because there’s a good possibility they haven’t already received this award! Sharing the love, people.
Write Your Own Story from Nina Martinez
Written Not With Ink from Barb Reily
Spiritual Strudel from Shelby Eaton
Stuff from Sherry Stanfa-Stanley
And because I’m a rebel (or can’t count), Katy-Rose Hötker AND Joseph D’Lacey
12 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
You’re very welcome for awarding you with it; you deserve it! 🙂
Aww, you’re too sweet!
Congratulations on your award!
I found that getting my tattoo didn’t hurt either for the first three hours – it was a different story in the final hour, when the artist was going back over parts of my arm that were already inked and bleeding.
Oh, yeah. The spots of re-inking was definitely more painful. Since I only have a solid black tattoo, it makes me wonder how it will feel when I get coloured ones!
Yay! Congrats on a much-deserved award. =) And as for the hair, I’ve done the grow it out chop it off thing about three times now. I’ve had people tell me that Children with Hair Loss is a better option than Locks of Love due to their practices. But either way, you’re going to make someone very happy! Good for you, Ashlee.
Thank you! And thanks for the information about Children with Hairloss; when I was researching who I could donate my hair to, there wasn’t much available, so I appreciate hearing about other potential recipients. 😀
Versatile is definitely a word I would use to describe this blog. I always love reading an alternate perspective from your side of life.
Thank you! It’s fun to blog about whatever I’ve been thinking about!
I didn’t know you had a tattoo! That’s awesome. What’s your tattoo of?
These are all fascinating facts about you though. That’s the most interesting part of these blogging awards.
It’s a small bat! I love those little creatures. 😀
Aww, thank you! I’m glad they’re interesting. XD
Thanks, Ashlee, and I’m really sorry; I can’t believe how late I am in responding to this, but I was barely online over the two week break I took. Wow, I’m honored to receive such an award. You are right in that I haven’t gotten it before, so thank you. 🙂
I love your random facts; it’s great to get to know you better. 🙂 As for your #1, that *is* such an enigma. I wonder why that is?
You’re welcome! Don’t worry, I knew a couple of my blogging buddies were having the Christmas and New Years break offline!
I think the women who are writers aren’t so… “typical” of the other ladies I’ve encountered through life. We’re a different bunch, for sure! Plus, we share a love of stories. 😀
Comments are closed.